- To provide a fair complaints procedure which is clear and easy to use for anyone wishing to make a complaint.
- To publicize the existence of our complaints procedure so that people know how to contact us to make a complaint.
- To make sure everyone at Lightspeed Media Corporation knows what to do if a complaint is received.
- To ensure all complaints are investigated fairly and in a timely way.
- To ensure that complaints are, wherever possible, resolved and that relationships are repaired.
- To gather information which helps us to improve what we do.
Reporting and Resolution Timeline
- Permit the reporting of content that may be illegal or otherwise violates our Community Standards.
- Acknowledge that all such reported complaints will be reviewed and resolved within seven business days.
The person who receives an email/written/phone or in-person complaint should:
- Write down the facts of the complaint.
- Take the complainant's name, address, and telephone number.
- Note down the relationship of the complainant to Lightspeed Media Corporation.
- Tell the complainant that we have a complaints procedure.
- Tell the complainant what will happen next and how long it will take.
- Where appropriate, ask the complainant to send a written account by post or by email so that the complaint is recorded in the complainant’s own words.
- Formally acknowledge the complaint within 48 hours and log it to our customer feedback register within 2 working days.
- An acknowledgment will confirm who is dealing with the complaint and when the complainant can expect a reply. A copy of this complaint's procedure will be attached.
- If the complaint has been received by the person responsible for the issue being complained about and it has not already been resolved, an appropriate person (Director) will investigate and take appropriate action.
- Within 5 working days, we will attempt to resolve the complaint and provide a written response to the complainant detailing the actions taken and suggestions for resolution.
- If the complaint is not resolved to the complainant's satisfaction at Stage One, they can request that the complaint be reviewed at Board level.
- The Group Managing Director or a designated senior person will review the case and provide a definitive reply within 10 working days, with a progress report if necessary.
- The potential outcomes of any investigations may include:
- Resolution of the complaint to the satisfaction of both parties.
- Changes to our policies or procedures to prevent future issues.
- Disciplinary action, if appropriate.
- Other remedial actions deemed suitable based on the individual circumstances.
- If you have been depicted in any content and would like to appeal the removal of such content, please notify us by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Should there be a disagreement regarding an appeal, we will allow the disagreement to be resolved by a neutral body.
We monitor and review the effectiveness of our complaints handling process to ensure that it continuously improves and that learnings from complaints handling are carried through into the organization.